"Software engineering (SE) is a profession whose members create and maintain software applications by applying technologies and practices from computer science, project management, engineering, application domains and other fields. ..."
Designers, implementers and testers of computer software
- Badnarik, Michael - Software engineer, 2004 Libertarian Presidential candidate
- Gilmore, John - Co-founder of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Cygnus Solutions
- Johnson, Charles W. - Web developer, left-libertarian writer, student of philosophy
- Krawchuk, Kenneth V. - Computer programmer, inventor, IT consultant, candidate for Pennsylvania Governor
- Nixon, Toby - State representative in the Washington state legislature
- Raymond, Eric S. - Open source software advocate, author of The Cathedral and the Bazaar
- Tiemann, Michael - Co-founder of Cygnus Solutions; Vice President, Open Source Affairs for Red Hat Inc.
- Zimmermann, Philip R. - Creator of the Pretty Good Privacy email encryption software
Software engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia