Non-medical and medical practitioners in the study of the mind and human behavior
- Branden, Nathaniel - Psychotherapist, author of The Psychology of Self-Esteem
- Breggin, Peter R. - Psychiatrist and author, founder of The International Center for the Study of Psychiatry and Psychology
- Edelstein, Michael E. - Clinical psychologist, author of Three Minute Therapy
- Presley, Sharon - Psychologist, executive director of Resources for Independent Thinking
- Rosemond, John - American family psychologist and syndicated columnist
- Szasz, Thomas S. - Psychiatry professor and author
List of psychologists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"This list includes notable psychologists and contributors to psychology, some of whom may not have thought of themselves primarily as psychologists but are included here because of their important contributions to the discipline. ..."
Psychiatry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Psychiatry is the branch of medicine that studies, diagnoses and treats mental illness and behavioral disorders. While all physicians will encounter patients with mental illnesses and any of them may treat it, psychiatrists specialize in these areas. They are more extensively trained in the differential diagnosis (the distinguishing of various forms) and treatment of mental illness and are required to keep up to date on the newest developments in the field. ..."
Psychologist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"A psychologist is a scientist who studies psychology, the systematic investigation of the human behaviour and mental processes. Psychologists are usually categorised under a number of different fields, the most well-recognised being clinical psychologists, who provide mental health care, and research psychologists, who collect, investigate and analyse aspects of human behavior. ..."