"A film director orchestrates the artistic and dramatic aspects of a film, based on a screenplay. The role typically includes: Realizing the overall artistic vision of the film. Controlling the content and flow of the film's plot as defined by the screenplay. ..."
Film, TV and stage directors, producers and other crew
- Eastwood, Clint - Movie actor and Oscar-winning director and producer
- Kubrick, Stanley - American film director, notable for Dr. Strangelove, 2001: A Space Odissey and other works
- Longoria, Sam - Independent filmmaker and visual effects engineer
- Lucas, George - American screenwriter and director, famous for the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies
- Russo, Aaron - Oscar winning producer, 2004 Libertarian Presidential aspirant
- Spielberg, Steven - American movie director and producer, Oscar winner for Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan
Film director - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Film producer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"A film producer oversees the making of movies. The producer initiates, coordinates, supervises and controls matters such as raising funding, hiring key personnel, and arranging for distributors. The producer is involved throughout all phases of the filmmaking process from inception to completion of a project. ..."